Re: [NTLK] Copying NIE pkgs to Card

From: Michael Sciascia (msciascia_at_poc.it)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 06:49:00 PDT

On 16.09.2003 15:28 Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>There must be something using the serial port on your Performa.
>Don't know what it is, but there is something. Do you have any fax
>software installed?

I reinstalled only the communication tools of NCU in the Performa and
now the serial connection works again :-)

On 16.09.2003 15:18 Polenta Marco wrote:
>As far as I know, NIE 2.0 needs to be installed _directly_ on the
target device, without copying it from another device.
>The same happened to me as I tryed to beam those files from my Newt to
another one...

:-(

On 16.09.2003 15:28 Laurent Daudelin wrote:
>Yes, there is no easy way here. You would need to be able to reinstall
>the
>drivers with the basic connection types, i.e. serial or AppleTalk using
>the
>old serial cable.

Now that the Serial connection with the Performa works again I wanted to
file the packages from my newton to the Card and after reinstall them in
my internal store using the serial connection....
But as Marco pointed out maybe the other user won’t be able to install
the compnents from the card...
What should I do?
Do you believe is it worth to try?

Or, maybe I could give him the cable and dongle, but he uses a Linux PC
and has only a Classic at home.

He could install NCU in the Classic, but this could be a hard thing to
accomplish since NCU installer doesn’t fit in a floppy (mine is 3,4MB
stuffed) and it isn’t so easy to put the classic in a LAN without the
proper connector....

Maybe the only solution would be to invite him for lunch here and do it
at my home... if he can travel to my place ;-)

Ah! One more question... sorry!
I copied the packages in a floppy and then to the Performa but they
aren’t recognized anymore by NCU as packages.
I have something that runs on Mac OS X to fix this but I don’t remember
about anything for older Mac OS. Could you give me a link or a name?

Thanks so much for the help and I deeply apologize for teh many
questions!

Ciao,
Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html