Re: [NTLK] Can't Install Newton Press ...?

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 09:40:28 PDT

Woody Smith <woody_at_bitstream.net> wrote:

> Hi Glen
> I just checked out the unna-apple-software and downloaded the mac
> version. Its as sea that requires Classic. everything seemed fine

This is nice; I'm running MacOS 9.2.2, so I don't have to worry about
it being a Classic thing. The problem comes when I try to install it,
and it asks for disk 2.

There are no disk images involved.

Fortunately, I did find a way around it: when I bought my first eMate
off of eBay, I also bought one of those disks full of Newton software
(yeah, I know *now*, but I didn't know *then*).

This disk had an installer for version 1.1 that actually worked, and
didn't ask for Disk 2 like the one on Unna did.

Victor, should I upload a copy ...?

> Woody

--gdw

P.S.:

Thanks for everyone that assisted; I just lucked into a solution; even
made a backdrop picture (Spiderman, but I don't know where I got the
original image ....). Once I check it on
my newly-upgraded-and-shipping-out-today 2000, I'll upload it to Unna.

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html