Re: [NTLK] eMate 300 upgrade card

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 14:04:05 PDT

on 13/09/03 14:31, Bert Fregosi at bfregosi_at_mac.com wrote:

> I bought an e-Mate then promptly had the hinge-flex cable melt down. The
> seller sympathized with me an offered to give me a fried e-mate to get the
> part from. I did so an resurrected the beast. Later he emailed me an told me
> that the parts machine he sent me had some upgrade card on it that he forgot
> about. He wanted to know if I would auction it an split the profits with
> him. I haven't replied nor even looked at the corpse to see what he was
> talking about. Is this upgrade on the ROM card that pops in and out or is it
> on the motherboard? How can I identify it? Thanks for your help. If it is
> worth something, I may auction it to cover the cost of the e-mate I have, or
> upgrade that one an sell it. (I don't really use it, just got caught up in
> an auction and the next thing I knew I was the winner. I prefer my 2100, so
> I will probably send it on its way once I figure this card upgrade out.)

If you're talking about an eMate upgrade, I would imagine it is the memory
upgrade. If I were you, I would try to negotiate a good price with this guy
and keep it. That will make a hell of difference when using your eMate.

-Laurent.

fudge: 1. vt. To perform in an incomplete but marginally acceptable way,
particularly with respect to the writing of a program. "I didn't feel like
going through that pain and suffering, so I fudged it -- I'll fix it later."
2. n. The resulting code.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html