[NTLK] Subject: Newton design (was: What Benshop is doing)

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Sat Sep 13 2003 - 04:06:53 PDT

still, the vertical market is allergic to legacy ports and obviously
prefer hardware buttons. the fact that you need the pen for basically
any type of input makes it necessary to use both hands for operation -
which is, most of the times, not so functional. i would suppose that
folks out in the field (like me) want to have HW buttons.

if you look at the units that have taken considerable shares in the
vertical market, they all have hardware buttons and use standard ports.
if the vertical market was the prime target, it is a significant
mistake in the design process to foresee those needs. at least the OMP
was not marketed to VM specifically, i think only the 130 was.

/ ®

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html