Re: [NTLK] apple battery pack

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 16:59:28 PDT

> One man's easy refurbishment is another's major electrical engineering

> project. Unfortunately for me I fall into the latter category :(

Andy,

not sure if we are still talking about MP 110 / 120 / 130 packs. If we
do, the easiest way is to buy for off-the-shelf NiCad rechargeable
cells and put a piece of cardboard beneath the middle two cells so
that they press the switch in the battery compartment. The Newton
will charge them just like the original pack.

NEVER DO THIS WITH NON RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES UNLESS YOU HAVE A
SPARE NEWTON AND A SPARE LIFE!

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html