Re: [NTLK] apple battery pack

From: Andy Mulhearn (unxmully_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 12 2003 - 13:22:54 PDT

On Friday, Sep 12, 2003, at 20:31 Europe/London, Peter H. Coffin wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 08:16:57PM +0100, Andy Mulhearn wrote:
>>
>> On Friday, Sep 12, 2003, at 18:53 Europe/London, Frank Gruendel wrote:
>>
>>> If they don't, you can easily refurbish the pack. See the hardware
>>> section of the site in the signature.
>>
>> One man's easy refurbishment is another's major electrical engineering
>> project. Unfortunately for me I fall into the latter category :(
>
> The electrical isn't bad. It's getting the fscking battery case open in
> a way that it can be closed again and still fit in the slot that's a
> major pain.

It all looks just to gory to me. OK, so the rechargeables I have need
to be put into a cage and recharged separately but there's no (ok so
not electrical) engineering involved. Hacksaws. Glue, Batteries.
Solder. Yeuch, smacks of too many college projects to me.

> We need someone to make friends with a plastic fabricator... (: A
> snap-closed rechargable case and a new source of sleds for the
> disposables would be huge boon.

Now that works for me. Something in any of the new indestructable
plastics/carbon would be fine. That and a couple of sets of
rechargeables with 2300 mAh capacity and you're well sorted.

Andy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html