Re: [NTLK] Spam - Penis growing!!!

From: Joost van de Griek (joost_at_jvdg.net)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 04:13:16 PDT

On 2003-09-11 10:26, Karel Jansens wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 September 2003 22:33, John M Powell wrote:
>
>> I suspect it's something other than from this list. I've been on for a long
>> time, and get very very (very) little spam. My email address is sometimes
>> even posted in the email body, which would make it easier to harvest. I did
>> see a slight increase shortly after the Blaster made it's rounds. My guess is
>> it's been harvested from some other location. Whatever you do, don't ask them
>> to take you off their list. That's guaranteed to have the exact opposite
>> response.
>
> If your e-mail client has the option of faking a bounced message (Kmail
> does, but you'd need Linux for that), I can confirm that a judicious use
> of that feature for a couple of weeks will reduce spam to almost zero.

Please, please, please, DO NOT BOUNCE SPAM.

You will find out why when someone has used your email address in the
reply-to header, and you receive thousands of bounces in a single day (or
hour). Not funny.

,xtG
.tsooJ

--
There are only two things that are infinite: The Universe and human
stupidity. Although I'm not sure about the Universe.