Re: [NTLK] Newton Web Browser?

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 05:44:36 PDT

"Matt Janeczek" <MJJ14_at_aol.com> wrote:

> Sites back then were simple, yet elegant and useful.
> You didn't have to wait for Java to load or install a million
> plugins that end up crashing your web browser. You were able
> to cruise ftp sites for just about any kind of file you wanted.
> Having a 14.4 modem was not a big deal, and when the 33.6 and later
> 56 modems came out, you might as well have had DSL! :-)

:o)

How about this one:

"Sales?! Back in my day, we didn't have sales. You had to walk
*FIFTEEN MILES* to a little hole-in-the-wall shack -- and you paid
full price when you got there, too!"

Or this one:

"A ride to school?!? Back in my day, we didn't get rides to school.
We had to walk *FIFTEEN MILES* up hill, in the snow -- and we were
really happy when we got there, too!"

Or this one:

"Sex?! Back in my day, we didn't have sex ..."

Oh, never mind; you get the idea, I'm sure ...! :oP

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html