Re: [NTLK] Newton Web Browser?

From: Matt Janeczek (MJJ14_at_aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 02:00:44 PDT

Don't all you guys miss the 1994-1996 or 7 era of the internet, before
all the ridiculous commercialization we have today? Sites back then
were simple, yet elegant and useful. You didn't have to wait for Java
to load or install a million plugins that end up crashing your web
browser. You were able to cruise ftp sites for just about any kind of
file you wanted. Having a 14.4 modem was not a big deal, and when the
33.6 and later 56 modems came out, you might as well have had DSL! :-)
  I don't know, I always post nostalgic items to this email list,
probably more than I do technical ones. But I guess that is just me,
missing the days when I first had my Performa and life was good...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html