Re: [NTLK] Newton Web Browser?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Sep 07 2003 - 20:44:07 PDT

on 07/09/03 22:06, mike_at_mikeinteractive.com at mike_at_mikeinteractive.com
wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I'm a Newton newbie. I've only had this
> bad boy for a week....
>
> I was wondering. What web browser(s) are you using
> for your Newtons?
>
> If my Newton has one, it's hid good...
>
> Thanks for your help!

Welcome, Mike!

First of all, if you haven't done so, I would strongly advise you to check
the FAQ. A link should be provided at the end of this message.

Then, to use a web browser on the Newton, you need to have "Newton Internet
Enabler" or (NIE) 2.0 to access the internet. The catch here is that NIE 2.0
requires Newton OS 2.1 to install and work. Only the MessagePad 2000, 2100
and the eMate 300 runs the Newton OS 2.1. If you haven't one of these
models, I'm afraid you're SOL...

-Laurent.

card walloper n.: An EDP programmer who grinds out batch programs that do
stupid things like print people's paychecks. Compare code grinder. See also
punched card, eighty-column mind.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html