Re: [NTLK] PC slot on 2x00 no longer working

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 05 2003 - 09:14:43 PDT

eeek! I'm not brave enough to pull the pin out
completly...although I suspect that you are correct in
that the slot doesn't need that particular pin (there
seems to be multiple pins that supply ground to the
slot)
I'm going to attempt to push the pin back into the
slot and solder it to the neighboring pin which also
supplies ground. I'll then use fingernail polish and
cover these bare pads to prevent any future shorts.
If it doesn't work, I may pull the pin and hope
nothing blows up...
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain...although it is now serving temporary duty
as my daily Newt)
--- Robert Benschop <rbenschop_at_euronet.nl> wrote:
> Ed, it's a bit of a long shot but I tend to agree
> with all you wrote in
> your last mail. Since it looks like the Newt doesn't
> need that
> particular pin in the first place (the other slot
> works fine without
> it) a short would sound quite plausible.
> It looks like putting the pin back in place is out
> of the question, so
> would you dare to remove it completely?
> Of course with the small risk that the slot is gone
> forever, but it
> looks like you're there at this point anyway...
>

> Robert Benschop

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100