Re: [NTLK] "Back To School Sale" - Bra.

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 00:57:07 PDT

Woo Lee <vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> That was for $1250.00 bundle...
>
> -MP2000 with Serial Adapter(Dongle).
> -Keyboard (optional at the $999.00).
> -NiMH Battery (optional at the $999.00).
> -AC Adapter (optional at the $999.00).
> -Carrying case (optional at the $999.00)

Ah ... that sounds like what I have. There's a yellow sticker on it
in the top right hand corner (partially covered by the afore-mentioned
price tag) which mentions the keyboard and its case, an internet
e-mail client (En Route), a web browser (Net Hopper), word processor
(Newt Works), spread sheet (Quick Figure Lite 2.1), and the
obligatory connectivity software for Windows and MacOS-based
ocmputers (translation: a bunch o' floppies).

It also came with a dongle, a serial cable to connect to the Mac,
another serial cable to connect to a PC, and a modem. There was a 8MB
card in it, but he kept that one (wanted to charge me more, I bet
...). Fortunately, my 16MB card fits and works well. It also had an
original stylus (had never seen one before ...).

Don't know what kind of batteries were in it originally; it had a
battery tray with four alkaline AAs in it (they were dead, natch).

Bought some rechargeable batteries for it, but not sure if the tray
handles charging.

No charger, but the salesman gave me one that gets the job done; it
resurrected an eMate with a battery I thought was dead! :o)

Alas, it complained when I attempted to load all the stuff that was on
my original 2100 ... which means I will be shipping it off to get that
2100 upgrade ...! :o)

Once I get it back, I'll be shipping the 130 off to my ex; used EE
Transfer's screenshot to take screen shots (on the 2000) and wrote a
pretty good intro to the Newton (in Word, on the iBook) for her; she
might not be happy with the screen shot of my Newt with Avi's Backdrop
running (and Buffy as the picture) but hey ... she's an ex --! :o)

--gdw

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html