Re: [NTLK] please Talk Me Out of This!.

From: Ronsilvar (Ronsilvar_at_husky-net.net)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 08:36:54 PDT

on 9/2/03 9:04 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 02:51 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Please Talk Me Out of This!.
> From: Woo Lee <vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net>
>
> Say what??? A demo???

> I remember reading an article that quoted (was it Spindler? I can't
> remember
> anymore) as saying that the future newton would have a more intelligent
> adaptive engine to better anticipate the user's action by analyzing the
> users common tasks and performing certain repititious tasks automatically.
> He also said that the future newton will have voice recognition input and
> the capability
> to "read" writing through a builtin camera. He showed a demo that had a
> Newton pointing to some oriental
> graffitti on a mock city wall and the Newton read the graffitti and
> translated it in English on the Newton's screen.

 I too did a double take. Is there an app for desktops? If that were the
case can you imagine what it would do for microfiche storage business. My
God, it would revolutionize the library profession's access to information!
Is this really possible?
I kind of doubt it really exists but then again I can't see why not. What's
so hard about taking a picture or jpg of some micro text and running it
through a "photo" OCR app?

M'Best,
Ron

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html