Re: [NTLK] OT a little something to brighten your day

From: Mark Benson (markbenson_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Oct 31 2003 - 06:18:23 PST

On Friday, October 31, 2003, at 02:11PM, Ferdi Ozguner <fozguner_at_ualberta.ca> wrote:

>If any of you were not aware (perhaps for our European neighbors?!?), today is
>Halloween (Oct 31).

We do have Haloween over here you know...

>An event where children from across North America dress
>up in frightening creations such as goblins, witches, vampires, and more
>recently Spiderman, The Hulk and Nemo (from Disney’s recent movie of the same
>name).
>These same children then proceed to travel door to door showing their costume
>creativity to parents all over the neighborhood in exchange for a modest
>offering of sugar and sweets.

Yes, I am looking forward to seeing my niece in her costume. They always come around on Haloween.

>On proceeding to www.google.com I found a nice surprise on their search page,
>a very creatively designed homepage image. If you need a smile, check it out!

They always do that. They have in the past all sorts of ones for Christmas, New Year, Easter, important birthdays of dinitaries and famous ppl, you name it they've done it.

--
Mark Benson
http://homepage.mac.com/markbenson