Re: [NTLK] ebay/paypal scams OT

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 14:25:58 PST

* Gregory J. Wayman <gwayman_at_mac.com> [29 Oct 2003 07:11]:
> Been selling for years, never, ever, ever send to a unconfirmed address.
> Refund the payment and make other arrangements.
>
> Alex wrote:
>
> > OT, but another frustrating problem I'd bet many arent aware of.
> > Seems if you sell something and get paid with paypal, if you dont
> > send the item to a "confirmed" address, if the buyer complains saying
> > he didnt receive, paypal debits your account the total payment amount!

In PayPal's version of English, doesn't "confirmed" mean that they have
access to your bank account and/or credit card, and "unconfirmed" mean
they don't? (From everything I've read, that's the case.)

I guess I'll stay perpetually "unconfirmed" and nobody will sell to me -
there's no way in hell I'm giving PayPal access to my bank account, and
they've already rejected my credit card. (Their advice? get another
credit card.) :-p

That sucks, because I'm looking to pick up a wireless network card for
my newt from eBay, and I'm seeing a lot of notices about how they'll
only send to a "confirmed" address.

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project