Re: [NTLK] Copy & Paste on a Newton

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 09:33:09 PST

Sure,
tap and hold till you hear the squeek. Then drag
across what you want to copy (also, you can tap, hold,
squeek then draw a circle around what you want to
copy) then tap, hold and drag off screen. Any of the
sides will work. I have found that sometimes I need to
hold the plastic bezel away to get the Newton to hold
the item.
Note, when you tap and drag off screen, this is a
"cut" function. If you double-tap and drag off screen,
this is a copy function.

I use an application that I have been using for almost
forever...it's one of the first apps I ever downloaded
for the Newt. It's called Scrappy and it has two
copy/paste buffers. One is a copy and release buffer
(releases the content on pasting) and the other is a
copy and keep buffer(will hold whatever was copied
until you delete it explicitly) Both buffers will hold
as much as memory can handle and there are no limits
to the number of items that can be copied.
Ed
web/gadget guru
--- Mark Benson <markbenson_at_mac.com> wrote:
> Can you Copy & Paste in the Notes app in Newton OS
> 2.0? If so can somone tell me how!
>
> --
> Mark Benson
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/markbenson

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100