[NTLK] PCBman website is live (kinda...)

From: Humphreys, David (URB) (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 12:18:38 PST

Well I got my website created and tried to publish over the weekend but FrontPage keeps bombing out on me. My wife
finally decided to ftp it but it got so late (even with the hour gain) that we didn't get it all uploaded.
That's the plan for tonight.

Actually, the pages work, just some gifs and pictures are missing. If anyone wants to buy SER-001's, they can. The
payment links work fine.

New for this time around, J & K Sales are offering to fit your SER-001 if you buy from them. Their link is on the page
after the payment options. This is great if you have been wanting a SER-001 but were wary of opening your Newton. To
take advantage of this service you must buy from them. I do not offer this service.

The EM300 is almost ready for primetime. I was going to publish the page over the weekend but you know the story...

Anyway, it gave me some extra time to contemplate further enhancements. The base unit works and gives 4M of Dram and 4M
of flash. But, if my suspicions are correct I can increase the flash to 8M or even 16M.

I am going to charge $95 for the EM300. This is comparable to the $100 they used to cost ($275 on ebay!!!). The chips
originally used are now obsolete and have to be procured through brokers.

When Ferdi eventually comes out with his copy, you are perfectly entitled to buy from him at his purported price of $75.
However, you will not be able to take advantage of the following offer:

Every person who buys a EM300 from me will be entitled to a $50 (fifty) dollar rebate good towards the purchase of an 8M
or 16M model should I be able to accomplish this feat. I make no promises as I have some investigation to do but if it
is possible, I will do it.

If it turns out that I can't do it, well, you still have a 'normal' upgrade and you will have enabled me to create new
add-ons, not just copies of existing products.

I would love to mention what I am working on at the moment but I don't wish to give my competitors a head start.

Thanks for your support,

PCBman

http://mrpcbman.tripod.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html