[NTLK] MP3 settings

From: Goodwin, Greg (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 06:18:50 PST

Subject: MP3 settings
=====================

    I have learned much in the last few days. How to hook up the Newton to
Ethernet, how to get the Newton to work with iTunes to download MP3's, and so
forth. (anyone wanting to ask details on my experiences can write.... greg.goodwin_at_fmlynet.org)

    Now I'm at the stage where I am downloading MP3's into my Newton, and I
would like to get them as small as possible. The tightest compression
combination through iTunes that I have been able to find (that I've gotten to work on Newton's Mad Max) so far is...

Mono 32
Stereo 64
Variable bitrate off
Sample rate - Auto
Channels - Auto
Stereo - Joint Stereo

    So is there a combination that is tighter than that which works with the
Newton MP3 player?

    Thanks!

Greg Goodwin

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html