[NTLK] MacJournal was New Newton Owner

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 12:13:57 PDT

> Subject: Re: [NTLK] New Newton Owner
> From: gooddogcomics_at_mac.com
>
> I don't know if it counts as a back-up, but I've had considerable luck
> with the NewtSync plug-in by Glass Onion Software
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/nowhereman77/hacks/products.html
>
> The JournalSync, in tandem with MacJournal, works to sync the Notes. It
> took me a few tries, but I was successful.

Glass Onion's Web page says:
"JournalSync is developed on a Newton MessagePad 130 with NewtSync v0.3k and
MacJournal v2.1. Newer versions of MacJournal use a different data format
that JournalSync is not yet able to read..."

MacJournal site (http://homepage.mac.com/dschimpf/main.html) says they have
v 2.1.1 for download.

Have you done this with v 2.1.1 of MacJournal? I know it's only .0.1
difference, but you remember the difference between Word 3 and subsequent
versions on the Mac?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html