Re: [NTLK] [OT] Hell has frozen over

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 06:01:33 PDT

on 10/21/03 6:25 AM, gooddogcomics_at_mac.com at gooddogcomics_at_mac.com wrote:

> Has nobody noticed NPR is taking advertising from Microsoft? In a
> report a few months ago, they had a piece on the PC industry that was
> really an Advertorial for Microsoft, with no mention of Apple, nothing,
> when they talked about the computer industry or it's history. Gates was
> quoted saying some very funny stuff only Mac people would enjoy since
> they tend to know history a bit better. Just before this report, maybe
> a few reports ahead of it, was mention of the sponsorship. Since then
> I've noticed a bias. Is it any wonder they'd be feeding a fearful
> iTunes story to their gullible audience, who worships them virtually
> without question as detached, yet hip and caring, reporters? Since
> "most people" use Windows, who'd ever notice?

Despite the siggy below, NPR does have it's good points. They manage to
come up with these curious and odd stories that nobody else would ever cover
and that are of interest wholly independent of any politics. However,
unbiased is not an adjective I'd ever apply to them. They are, though, very
consistent and unashamed about the "glasses" they use to view stories, which
is more than the general media can say. If I'm in a city where the NPR
station is the only classical music, I've no problem listening. At least
with NPR I know I won't have to be continually adjusting the 'squelch' on my
bullshit filters...

- Eric.

NPR: Nutty Propaganda Radio
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html