Re: [NTLK] [OT] Hell has frozen over

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 05:08:52 PDT

Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com) wrote:

> >> Does anyone else think it is counter-intuitive that I can run iTunes
> >> on my Win2k PC at work, and not on my MacOS 9 laptop at home?
>
> How about Virtual PC running WinXP on OS9? It should work. I could try it by
> re-booting into OS9, but I really don't have the need. Anyone else is
> welcome.

To me, the benefits of iTunes 4 compared to iTunes 2 under Mac OS 9 are
minimal -- I have both installed on my machine, but as I work under Mac
OS 9 about 90 percent of the time, iTunes 2 is what I use most. As long
as I cannot use the Music Store in Europe anyway, iTunes 2 is all I need.
(Contrary to others, I can see no technical reasons for not releasing a
version of iTunes 4 for Mac OS 9. I can understand why Apple isn't doing
this and I have no problems with this decision, but from a technical
viewpoint, there's nothing preventing a Mac OS 9 version.)

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW (personal): http://michael-hussmann.de