[NTLK] MP130 Questions...

From: Mark Benson (markbenson_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 14:41:26 PDT

Someone has offered me a Newton MP130 with 2 Stylii, a new rechargeable
Battery Pack, a leather case, new backup cell, and a pile of Memory
Cards for a small price. I'm pretty keen and he says the MP130 itself
is in excellent condition.

However, he is unable to supply a power adapter. Fortunately I (well
actually my dad) am very good at PSUs and know about ratings, voltages
etc. having matched non-manufacturer PSUs for several items including
my network switch (which I bought in Paris).

I need to know the specification, polarity and the type of connector
used by the power adapter for the Newton, preferably with a good
quality picture of the connector (with an item for scale so i know how
big it is) so that I can see if I can find one that will do the job and
make up an adapter. I am acutely aware that a mistake will fry the
Newton, but I've managed to not blow up plenty of other stuff before
now, I just need the information to know how.

Also, does anyone have resources for converting OS X Address Book and
iCal data to Claris Organizer format? I can't afford a Serial adapter
for my iMac at the moment so direct Sync seems out of the question. I
do however have a large number of fairl;y redundant 68k Macs lying
around that would do the job easily.

--
Mark Benson
AIM - SilValleyPirate