Re: [NTLK] eMate discharges batteries quickly

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Oct 12 2003 - 10:11:36 PDT

> I have an eMate that seems to discharge perfectly good batteries in
one
> to two days. I have tried the power button off only technique to no
> avail.

Make sure you have the latest OS installed. Apple fixed some
power manager related bugs in version 737246. Also, make sure that
"Receive beams automatically" is turned off in the preferences, this
sucks batteries dry fairly fast, too. Just in case you have any card
permanently in the card slot, remove it for further tests. If all
this doesn't help, you should try a hard reset.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html