Re: [NTLK] Newton Date limitation

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 04:39:18 PDT

gooddogcomics_at_mac.com wrote:

(*snip*)

> The question? The Newton allegedely can't go beyond the year 2010
with
> it's dates (or can it?). Has there been a patch/fix/correction to
this
> to let us take the Newts past this date?
>
> Am I making any sense?

Sure ...!

I once set a date in my emMte for December 23, 2011 or thereabouts ...
don't recall the specifics, but I had to do a lot of restarting after
that. Deleted the offending date, and all was well once again.

Undaunted, I put the date into my 2100. The 2100 didn't complain
about the year once. This leads me to believe it was a memory problem
of some sort ...

> thanks.
>
> Mark

--gdw