Re: [NTLK] [OT] Newton sell off

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 12:28:49 PDT

on 6/10/03 8:51 AM, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

> Jack Skoda wrote:
>> I have to put the US in there because people don't typically
>> know where Vermont is. I was stationed in Alabama and was
>> questioned by police as to how I had joined the U.S. Air Force
>> since I was from Vermont, which they thought was in Canada.
>
> LOL! Hope you didn't play Neil Young's 'Alabama' ;-)
>
> But how can anybody not know where Vermont is, I'm pretty sure that
> everybody had Ben and Jerry's at least once in their lives...

That would've just confirmed their theory, since Neil Young is from Toronto.
(That's in Canada.) (I know Robert knows that -- oops, maybe that was his
point?)

;-)

Incidentally, I've never had a Ben & Jerry's, but coincidentally I just read
in this morning's paper that Ben & Jerry's is planning to open up 100
Canadian locations, so soon I will see what all the fuss is about.

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html