Re: [NTLK] [OMP] Connecting under winXP?

From: serge guillaume (serge_guillaume_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 05:42:36 PDT

> > Great, a command-line tool is always handy. But I still can't send
> > anything to the newton, both newton and unixnpi seem to hang. I
> > suspect
> > there's something wrong with my serial port setup - how should it
be
> > configured? I currently have : 38400 - 8N1 - Xon/Xoff. Is it
> > allright?
> > TIA,
> You don't have to configure the serial port from Windows. The
> program will handle that.
> unixnpi -s 9600 -d /dev/ttyS0 <package names)

It still doesn't work... there must be something wrong with my winXP
setup since it works allright with my old win98 PC.
BTW, when connecting I have the coice between DOS/win or Macintosh
serial or Macintosh localtalk. I always choose DOS/Win, but it the the
right choice for a unix-based tool?
TIA,

Serge