Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #528

From: Wiley Wiggins (weevil_at_wileywiggins.com)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2003 - 11:12:37 PDT

On Sunday, October 5, 2003, at 11:30 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> In order to counter that last statement/question, I'd like to ask the
> following: in which way do the new PDA's of this world not compare
> with our
> Newton. IOW: what do you do with your Newton you can't do with other
> PDA's ?

The reason I use an eMate instead of a new PDA is that the eMate
performs all the roles I require of a portable at an incomparable
price.. Mine was about $80. If Apple came out with a new, lightweight
"dumb terminal" with a large keyboard and 802.11 for around 100 dollars
I would totally buy it, but no one seems to realize the potential of
such a device. (something cheap and durable that telnets SSHs to
another machine to use its applications) The eMate is pretty much
perfect... (it would be perfect if the upgrade was available and there
was an SSH client and an instant messenger that could communicate with
iChat and AIM reliably).

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html