Re: [NTLK] Connecting (Serial-to-USB)

From: Sean Kearney (sean_at_invisiblelearning.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 12:03:02 PDT

Thanks again to everyone who offered help regarding my Serial-USB
connection issue.

I finally got everything working but noticed a few things that may be
either missing from the FAQs or just idiosyncratic to me. I know that
many people are frustrated dealing with "Newton newbies" so I though I
would summarize what I have been through to address the connection
issues:

I am not able to connect to NewtSync on OS X using the Dock. I
installed the NewtSync package on my 2100 and have been able that
application to get a desktop connection. NewtSync works great!

To install the NewtSync and other packages, I had to use my Keyspan
serial-to-USB adapter with my Windows machine. I never could get a
connection to OS 9 on my iBook or iMac. I know that others on this list
have been able to make this work so I know I am missing something. It's
OK for me since I use OS X for everything else and was only thinking I
would have to use OS 9 for a Newton connection.

I hope this is useful to anyone else who has had similar issues.

- sean

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html