Re: [NTLK] Potential Battery Rebuilder found

From: Ravindra Mohabeer (mohabeer_at_yorku.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 12:51:42 PDT

Hi,

I got my battery back yesterday after the rebuilding. Aside from fitting a
little more snug in the Newton, the battery was better than new. It looks
virtually the same (a few slight scuffs from the new gluing
notwithstanding).

So far it's working quite well. The guy at Battery Boys said that I should
let it cycle and drain a few times before the full capacity is reached but
as it stands now, it's already functioning a world better than the ailing
pack that it was when I took it in for repairs. It recharged properly from
the mostly drained state it was in when I picked it up to a full charge in
the appropriate time using the 7w(?) adapter I have.

Final cost...$34.50 cdn (that's $30 + 15% tax).
He put in 1650 mAH replacement cells
It took just a few hours longer than I expected (I dropped it off last
Thursday and picked it up yesterday, Tuesday in the afternoon instead of the
morning as I had wanted to).

He said he rebuilt an eMate battery once for someone working in a hospital
and that he'd be happy to extend the same price (plus shipping consideration
I imagine) to anyone who was interested in a rebuild on a 2x00 battery and I
assume on an eMate battery as well.

The contact info:
http://www.bbmbattery.com/
Phone: (905) 564-7865