Re: [NTLK] Rechargeable NiMH AA bateries for Newton

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Sun Nov 30 2003 - 23:56:04 PST

I cannot agree to that:

1) this is a common opinion, but practice prooved the contrary already:
I used to charge NiMH 1500mAh cells within my MP120 without having any
problem over years.
2) It depends of course which model you are talking about:
the MP 2x00 series has NiMH battery packs from the beginning, while the
original battery packs for the MP 120 were NiCd.
3) The charging circuitry in the MP120 and the charging station as well are
not that dedicated that you cannot recharge NiMHs.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html