Re: [NTLK] ot: cyberdog

From: RAParker (RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 21:41:00 PST

A short time ago, someone wrote:
>i know for a fact that Woz himself used Cyberdog for at least a couple
>of years af,er it was killed, having corresponded with him during that
>time about it.

I knew he was a smart guy! ;-)

>so just now, just for the goof of it, i booted this machine into OS 9
>for the very first time in its life, downloaded OpenDoc, Cyberdog 2.0,
>and the Cyberdog Y2K patch - installed it all...
>
>and it works!!!
>
>apparently you can't do the install out of classic - gotta boot into 9
>to do it.

I guess G5 owners are out of luck.

>so i've gotten it to browse ok, although it renders pages oddly at
>times, and i can receive mail - but for some reason it won't send.
>can't find a place to enter the outgoing server info. any help?

Yes.

In Cyberdog, Select "Mail/News Setup." Next, the set of icons on the left,
choose "Mail Trays." You will see a field for SMTP with the word (optional)
next to it. Fill it in. That field, if not filled in, will get its
information from the Internet Preferences Control Panel, formerly called
Internet Config 2.0, but I prefer to fill it in. I thinK I've had problems
with it before.

Ron

--
Sent using GoFetch Shell Transport