Re: [NTLK] Fun with new CF card and MP3's

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 02:10:56 PST

Hi Dave,

I've found similar problems to yours when trying to get tracks onto the CF
card in my Newt. The most reliable way so far has been to use the iTunes
plug-in but it still takes a very long time (typically 5-8 times the
playing time) to get a track in. It's also prone to errors, hanging,
crashing etc.

At the moment I can't say I find it very usable because of the huge
download time.

Don't get me wrong. I really am a fan of the whole MadMax thing (pretty
much everything Ek does) and have nothing but praise for Paul's ATA driver,
it's a brilliant piece of work, but the combination of the two along with
multi meg files still doesn't make the Newt a great MP3 player.

Cheers.

Andy.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html