Re: [NTLK] Will Apple learn?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 13:03:53 PST

>Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:24:12 -0700
>From: Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com>
>
>In a previous message, Len Cole typed vigorously:
>
>>> There is no strain relief on the firewire port attached to the mainboard.
>>
>>Apparently not, since Apple had a similar problem with the ADB connectors
>>on the keyboards for the Apple IIgs way back in 1986!
>
>If you people would just leave all your things plugged in, then you
>wouldn't end up having all these problems...

Keeping an iPod plugged in defies its primary function, in a way ;)
I think maybe someone atApple considers loose connectors to be not
elegant, and a loose connector is what I (65% technically clueless) I
would consider a solution for the problem described. Loose means it
will dangle, loose means it will need extra cable, loose means it
will take up more space than an all-on-board approach.
In fact, my iPod still has to develop any port issue. But I think the
battery has seen its best days by now. Maybe I should keep it plugged
in somewhere.

Oliver ;)

--
	It's too late, he has heard the difference.
		      www.head-fi.org