Re: [NTLK] ethernet bridge

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 10:28:15 PST

From what was talked about previously on this list,
this is not possible becuase the IP stack in the Newt
can only handle a single network card. This makes it
unsuitable to be a bridge, a router, a proxy, or a
firewall.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- arno <info_at_arnoverhoeven.ca> wrote:
> Anyone know if it is possible to turn the newton
> into a wireless
> ethernet bridge?
> Looking at the linksys WET-11 for a system that is
> in another building
> just outside where my network is located, If the
> newton can do it,
> I'd like to put it to the task.
>
> Any thoughts on software to run a wireless card and
> an ethernet card in
> the newt to serve as a bridge?
>

> arno

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100