Re: [NTLK] GlobeTrotter help

From: doppler (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 23:41:44 PST

> Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:55:29 -0200
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] GlobeTrotter help
> From: Luiz Petroni <lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br>
>
> This old green brick is really amazing! Yesterday some friends of mine
> were playing with a clie (nx50 or something like this). They did not
> play any attention to my "poor old Newton" (they thought) until I plug
> the GT and made I call to one of my friend's cellular. I could not
> believe their faces when they realized that I was calling direct from
> the Newton without cables or cells or anything else. Then it was a
> matter of launching Raissa connecting to GPRS and reading some feed to
> start the "Oh" effect ;)

about a year ago, i wrote something similar to the list. the GT and the
newton are together one of the coolest wireless terminals around. really!
the neat form factor of the GT and the (by all standards) large display of
the newton paired with its splendid HWR makes it a useful wireless terminal.
if only the GPRS rates were lower...

                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__

         mailto: roman_at_pixell.net