Re: [NTLK] Newton Serial Cable

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 01:21:00 PST

In order to be sure you need to measure the cable.
But I am quiet sure that the printer is not treated as a modem -
that means the Mac printer is crossed.
This is the reason it works with the Newt as well.
It is very simple and the same for the Mac world: if you define the
interface equally for the device side, you need to cross the lines in the
cable in order to get them talking to each other.
If you define a different interface pin out for the modem, you need a
straight through connected cable between modem and Mac.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html