[NTLK] Tales From The Darkside

From: Christopher Chapman (pan1k_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 13:28:00 PST

Ok people So I got a PocketPC for my birthday. It's not brand new but it's about a year old. It's small, lightweight, has a color screen and a cradle that gives it a full size PCMCIA slot and a USB port in addition to it`s CF slot and SD slot. It even syncs with ical, address book, itunes and iphoto. It`s really nice to huve all of those convienences and be able to shop for accessories in a store. It's even got decent HW recognition. Couple ot problems tho. The screen is way to small (what good is the intcrnet a 1/4 of a page at a time?) Most of the software is crap anyways oh and it`S running Some Sort of Windows too and not to mention all of the resets I had to do, even when just inserting a wireless card! They're catching up, but they still have a long way to go. I do however like having a map of SoCal that can generate a route based on two addreses with GPS support ... but I'm sure that it can be dome on the Newt. I was smart this time ... I kept my trusty Ncwt and I boug
 ht a backup. The powers of the darkside are strong, but the Newt is far more reliable cuz wc all know what happens when other devices batteries die...:)
Keep the Green! PocketPC is still just a toy!
(and yes i Sent this on my newt!)

Chris Chapman
LANUG
www.lanug.org