Re: [NTLK] No Newts ...?

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 05:48:21 PST

>Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:15:47 -0800
>From: Glen Warner <gdwarner_at_mindspring.com>

>Found this on Macosrumors.com today ... thought I'd pass it along.

>Thursday, November 20 5:17 PM
>Stu Guthrie writes: Could please tell me what the latest news with an
>Apple tablet notebook computer is?
>Although it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, all
>available information over the past eight years has shown that Apple
>-- and more specifically its leadership in the form of Steve Jobs and
>the Board of Directors he has assembled -- does not consider the
>tablet a viable major product line for the company.

Ahh, the pain!

There is a part in there which I fail to grasp, maybe someone can help:

"Its non-computer devices will essentially be appliances, full-blown computer
alternatives like hand-helds, cell phones, or tablets."

Doesn't the "tablets" in this sentence somehow contradict the rest of
the answer Macrumors gave?
Of course a "tablet notebook computer" is not a "tablet" is not a
"PDA" is not a Newton...
I did not write in to them about it (yet), as I might just be subject
to a misunderstanding arising from my non-native-speaker status...
and it bugs me.

Confused,

Oliver :)

--
	It's too late, he has heard the difference.
		      www.head-fi.org