Re: [NTLK] eMate Screen Cable cloned?

From: Larry Zasitko (l.zasitko_at_sasktel.net)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 20:04:00 PST

Tyler,

First off, welcome to the growing list of Emate users. I myself just bought
one from fellow lister Woody about a month ago. I was fortunate as Woody had
just redone the battery pack and he also did the fix for the hinges so I
should not have that problem. I also bought a newer memory upgrade from
Woody and it sure helps. I have been a long time Newton user, starting with
the OMP when it came on the market, since then I bought a 110 and 120 but my
pride and joy was a 2100. I always wanted a Emate, after seeing them in one
of the stores in Vancouver, and now I have one. It is great being able to
beam between the 2100 and Emate and even from the older Newton's. I still
have all of them and they all work and are in use by family members. I too
would be likely to buy a replacement cable as I intend to keep the Emate for
a good long time. Woody has sure helped make this an enjoyable process and I
would not hesitate to recommend him, thanks Woody!

Larry Zasitko
OMP, 110, 120, 2100 + Emate