[NTLK] Looking for a Barcode Scanner

From: David Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 19:13:19 PST

Hello,

On and off there is discussion of barcode scanners on this list. I
would like to find one to use with my various MessagePads. I currently
have a 2100, 2000U, and 120. I am thinking of finding a 130 sometime
and maybe an OMP for kicks, but that is sorta a side issue.

I buy a sell a lot of used Macs and I have a lot of hobby equipment.
Keeping track of status and specs can be a bear. So I would like to
generate barcodes for equipment. That way I could scan a Mac or
whatever with the barcode scanner on my Newton and it would reference a
database record with my notes, its specs, status, whatever. Making my
life WAY easier.

I have done a little [very little] poking around and found the MW-400
from Inpath. It sounds like just what I am looking for if 1) it works
... and 2) I can get one from some place ... so ....

Anyone have anything they can tell me about finding a Newton compatible
barcode scanner?

David

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html