Re: [NTLK] DPI on a newton?

From: Joost van de Griek (joost_at_jvdg.net)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 07:07:42 PST

On 2003-11-19 05:38, Henry Stukenborg wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what is the dpi on a Newton (say a 2000/2100)? I know on a
> Mac it's 72, Windows is 96, but what is it on a Newton?

Pixel density isn't a fixed property of either a Mac or Windows machine. For
example, here's the pixel densities on some of my Macs:

iBook 12" - 106dpi
PowerBook 1400 - 88dpi
PowerBook 540C - 85dpi

And that's just on the LCDs, with their fixed (native) resolutions. In these
days of multisync monitors, there's no telling what the pixel density on any
given system is, except by asking the user or calculating it from the
resolution and actual screen size.

,xtG
.tsooJ

--
If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?