Re: [NTLK] USB to serial converter question

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 14:35:27 PST

Actually as I said, it does have a serial port. But I have several serial
devices and I have to power down, unplug old device, plug in new, power up.
Kind of anoying. Serial is fine except for that. As for outdated, well all
a matter of what you want to do. I personally would not buy a board without
serial ablity, to many nice products that are available either new or used
(case in point...the NEWTON) that still have a lot of life left in them yet
;)

Back to the adapter, that one will work well I think, BUT a bit expensive
(at least new, but wouldn't you know it, the refurbished is all sold out at
the moment). Oh well I shall keep my eye out. Thanks to all for the info.

-Dan