Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #600

From: Wiley Wiggins (weevil_at_wileywiggins.com)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 12:24:45 PST

On Nov 14, 2003, at 9:37 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Could be. Panther seems to have a different way of using/interfacing
> appletalk than Jaguar. All of the networking features have received an
> overhaul, which makes them feel a lot more polished. Try using the
> Network Utility in Applications/Utilities/. I would try it myself, but
> did something to my Newt and now I have certain wierdnesses happening.
>
> Nate
>
> PS. Are you the same Wiley Wiggins from Waking Life and Dazed and
> Confused? I love those movies. I am a big fan of Linklater, all the way
> back to Slacker. Takes me back to the days when Austin was cool, before
> the tech industry screwed everything up, and rent prices went through
> the roof. But I digress...

Yeah they worked really hard to turn Austin into Dallas and then pulled
out at the last second. Our economy has yet to recover.

I'm working on a new project with the Waking Life animators and David
Zellner called 'FuzzyTown'. It's still very early on, but it's going
to be very cool. SF/Comedy, very surreal... The animation engine has
been vamped up as well. Looks great.

Hmm... I can't make heads or tails of the Appletalk section of Network
Utility. The odd thing is that none of the other computers in the house
have a problem connecting. Just the newt. I even tried deleting the
home workplace card and making a new one. No go. Oh well.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html