Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #598

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 07:29:47 PST

Wiley Wiggins wrote:
> As for my internet connection on the newt, I use my iMac as a software
> basestation, and I suppose I must have changed something in my airport
> setup that has thrown the newt off. I'll just have to keep playing with
> it.

Could be. Panther seems to have a different way of using/interfacing
appletalk than Jaguar. All of the networking features have received an
overhaul, which makes them feel a lot more polished. Try using the
Network Utility in Applications/Utilities/. I would try it myself, but I
did something to my Newt and now I have certain wierdnesses happening.

Nate

PS. Are you the same Wiley Wiggins from Waking Life and Dazed and
Confused? I love those movies. I am a big fan of Linklater, all the way
back to Slacker. Takes me back to the days when Austin was cool, before
the tech industry screwed everything up, and rent prices went through
the roof. But I digress...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html