Re: [NTLK] NewtSync on Panther?

From: Stephen Peters (portnoy_at_portnoy.org)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 19:09:15 PST

David Abramowitz <david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net> writes:

> Anyone have this working? John, any issues? I have everything set up
> fine, but can't connect from the Newt. Using 0.3m, and I've opened up
> 15552 on my firewall. When I click on Synchronize on the Mac side, it
> does not specify a port - it says it's 'listening on all ports'. From
> the Newt side, I've tried both the internal IP and the external IP of
> the Mac, but no dice. This has worked before and NewtSync used to say
> what port it was listening on. Maybe there's something Panther-specific
> that I need to do?

I had the same problem, but then I installed the latest version of the
NewtSync package onto the Newton side, and it went away. (When you
start NewtSync on the Newton, it should say `0.3m' in the lower left
hand corner of the panel).

--
Stephen L. Peters                                  portnoy_at_portnoy.org
  GPG fingerprint: A1BF 5A81 03E7 47CE 71E0  3BD4 8DA6 9268 5BB6 4BBE