Re: [NTLK] Followup on Dil Tester connection problem

From: Gerstein, Sam (Sam.Gerstein_at_Streamserve.Com)
Date: Mon Nov 10 2003 - 06:38:10 PST

Yes, you're right Victor, he does need to give the machines different IP
addresses, but I don't think that's the only problem here- he says the light
on the ethernet card never even comes on.
I'm not sure, but it's possible that some piece of software on the Newton
(NIE or the dock module?) doesn't like it that the gateway and/or DNS server
is not defined. You might try filling in bogus values for those, since
you're not using them.
/Sam

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html