Re: [NTLK] Syncing NewtWorks in MacOSX

From: Irfon-Kim Ahmad (irfon_at_ambienautica.com)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 13:05:12 PST

Norman Palardy <palardyn_at_shaw.ca> wrote:

> Ahhh ... a new computer.
>
> 1) makes sense it would wipe your HD and that it is a very minimal OS
> install. Just enough to boot the OS and not much else
>
> I would think that 2 or 3 MAY let you install classic or add it after
> you already have either one installed.
> That seems to be quite typical for Jaguar installs where you simply
> need to add components after you've installed it

I actually did manage to get a working 9.2.2 install by copying all
five disc images of the software restore image to my hard disk,
mounting the volume, and copying all the relevant folders across. I
can even boot it.

I've got Newton Connection Utilities installed there, although I
haven't really tried playing with it much. I have one big problem at
the moment: If I'm in Panther, NewTen sees and uses the GeeThree
stealth serial port just fine. If I'm booted into 9.2.2, NCU allows me
to select the Stealth serial port in its preferences. However, the
Stealth driver doesn't seem to load in Classic, and so NCU keeps
wanting to use AppleTalk, which doesn't seem to be supported in
Classic. I've e-mailed GeeThree to see if I can get the Stealth
working in Classic, but in the meantime, any ideas?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html