Re: [NTLK] Syncing NewtWorks in MacOSX

From: Irfon-Kim Ahmad (irfon_at_ambienautica.com)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 10:50:53 PST

Norman Palardy <palardyn_at_shaw.ca> wrote:

> Actually installing Classic after OS X works just fine.
> We've done that a number of times with no issues most recently just 2
> days ago on a TiBook
>
> It really only creates a folder at the root level of the hard drive
> called System Folder and not much else.
>
> If your a bit afraid simply copy one to your OS X hard drive.
>
> But (and this should be obvious) just don't format the drive when
> installing.

The problem with all of this for me is that I have the following:

1. Set of system restore CDs that came with the computer.
2. Jaguar.
3. Panther.

I'm not sure how to install classic from 2 or 3, but 1 definitely wants
to wipe the entire hard disk and install from scratch if I insert it.
It does include classic, but not in a way that seems... friendly. I
tried copying it over and launching it, but although it starts, it's
ridiculously minimal -- it doesn't even include extensions manager,
which makes getting things such as the serial port working in it
interesting. I'm going to try to see if I can reassemble and mount the
disk image that the software restore uses and grab it from that. Wish
me luck!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html