Re: [NTLK] Audio In/Out Adaptor and Keyboard

From: Jochen Schäfer (js.josch_at_gmx.de)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 09:35:29 PST

Victor Rehorst wrote:
> Johannes Wolf wrote:
>

>>In my opinion there is at least one point to think about:
>>
>>A standard PC keyboard needs to be powered. If you intend to power the

> As it sits here, my Newton consumes about 45mA, 72mA if I turn on the
> backlight. So if they need 60mA just for the PC keyboard, plus a bit more
> for the microcontroller, that should be fine.

We thought about that. The PC keyboard specs from IBM even allow for
300mA. So in order to prevent from the Newton, we took the route of
using a external power source for the adapter.
Please stay calm and relax, we don't even have a prototype.
We will have to test the adapter and about administrativa, before we
even can think baout selling it.
You can information about our progress from my site
http://www.joschs-robotics.de/newton (RDF:
http://www.joschs-robotics.de/newton/index.rdf).
And, of course, we will post infos to NTLK.

Jochen

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html