[NTLK] Opening Newton Files on PC in XP

From: Nick Hansen (nickhans_at_bigpond.net.au)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 13:42:51 PST

I don't use my Newton anymore, but I do refer to information in the old Data files on my PC. This is a useful archive of names, dates etc.
However, after upgrading to Windows XP I cannot open the old Data files anymore (i.e. .nar, .nb and .nwt files). I reinstalled my original connection software (Newton Connection Kit 2.0 for Windows) and this looks OK. However, it doesn't seem to be able to see or open the files no matter where I put them.

The most obvious reason is a software clash with XP, given the age of the Connection Kit. Any suggestions appreciated.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html